AS PART OF OUR REGULATORY OBLIGATION TO THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS ACT 2000, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DECLARE THE TYPE OF INVESTOR THAT YOU ARE. REGISTERING DOES NOT COMMIT YOU TO ANY INVESTMENT.
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2001.
I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- the Financial Conduct Authority; or
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme;
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies:
- I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.
Sophisticated Investor Declaration