AS PART OF OUR REGULATORY OBLIGATION TO THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS ACT 2000, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DECLARE THE TYPE OF INVESTOR THAT YOU ARE. REGISTERING DOES NOT COMMIT YOU TO ANY INVESTMENT.
I declare that I am a certified high net worth individual for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2001.
I understand that this means:
- I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following:
- the Financial Conduct Authority; or
- the Financial Ombudsman Scheme;
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a certified high net worth individual because at least one of the following applies:
- I had, during the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more;
- I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- the property which is my primary residence or any loan secured on that residence;
- any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Regulated Activities) Order 2001;
- any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.
High Net Worth Investor Declaration